Tuesday 26 November 2013

traditional gingerbread cookies

#2 on my Christmas bucket list 

Traditional Gingerbread cookie making is always a hit at my families house! They aren't always the most flattering cookies as we get carried away with lots of icing & decorations but they taste delicious!!  
 Since I had Dominik along for this years cookie decorating my pictures and decorating skills were lacking but here is what I did get.

Gingerbread Recipe
2/3 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups white flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves

mix all together and bake at 350 for 8 minutes

Icing Recipe
1 cup maragine
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups icing sugar
2 tbsp milk

cream butter + margarine together, add vanilla
gradually add sugar at a medium speed.
add milk on high and mix until light and fluffy
cover with damp cloth 

Gingerbread cookies for days... 

No comments:

Post a Comment