Tuesday 27 August 2013

mason jars, tins & paintings

More mason jar crafts... we have finished up most of our canned peaches & apple sauce so I have lots of mason jars around. Thought I would paint a few... 


Pour paint inside the mason jar, close the lid and tip over to let the excess paint come off. 


Let the jars dry overnight or two until completely dry.


To get a good smell in your jars, I used espresso beans & rocks. Just espresso beans can get quite expensive so adding rocks can help layer it. 


Display the jars! I'll add flowers or use as holders for make-up brushes. 


Wondering what to do with all your dollarstore Christmas tins?! I had a few of these lying around as well, so I decided to paint them.


I ended up painting 2-3 coats on each tin.




Using in babies room as a mitten holder/soother holder and one for a candy jar in the pantry. 


LOOK WHAT CAME TODAY!!!! 
A beautiful picture my brother took that I had blown up on canvas. 
Picture taken at Crescent Beach ~ White Rock, BC


Great dining room artwork :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment